October 2016- The IDSA Clinical Research Department was awarded with the “Clinical Research Site Award” by a prestigious study sponsor. Criteria for receiving this award includes meeting and exceeding the number of enrolled patients despite a challenging inclusion protocol and a clinical research staff who were recognized as being highly experienced, collaborative, and responsive.
Part of our mission at Infectious Disease Specialists of Atlanta is to offer patients the opportunity to participate in clinical research trials.
A clinical trial is research that tries to answer scientific questions and to find better ways to prevent, diagnose, or treat disease. We are investigators in a variety of FDA-approved and supervised trials of treatments for infectious diseases, especially HIV and Hepatitis C.
The benefits of clinical trials include the following:
- Access to promising new approaches often not available outside the clinical trial setting
- Treatment that may be more effective than the standard approach
- Care delivered at no cost or reduced cost for most trials
- Close monitoring by a research team of doctors and other health professionals
- Opportunity to be the first to benefit from the new method under study
- Adding to what is known about your illness, possibly leading to improved options in the future
Find a Clinical Trial
Visit www.clinicaltrials.gov to find a brief description of trials that IDSA is currently conducting. You will find a list of trials we are enrolling, as well as current and completed trials.